Monday, April 29, 2013

4. rabbit fur and silk thread

There is a giant car boot sale near me every Sunday. I don't often go, but yesterday I did. And I am so glad I did, for I found wonderful things:


rabbit fur, tooled leather and silk embroidery floss.

Tooled leather has to used in other projects. Or maybe I'll re-sew the stitches by hand and fashion it back into a purse.


The floss can be separated into singles - oh my poor eyes...




The fur is not a big piece. I haven't made any winter clothing yet. This would be precious for a surcot.


But will you look at this book! It has amazing photos inside, and lots of pictures of just as amazing dress details - quite unintentionally, I am sure, for it is about Austrian Gothic Art. But then, maybe Austrians were already then into clothing (just as they are now).


I am working on a theory. Just keep this artwork from early 1500 Innsbruck  in mind ... I'll be getting back to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment